Announcing Publication of Results of a Clinical Study Further Validating Efficacy of the HairMax LaserComb for Treating Hair Loss
Lexington Int'l is pleased to announce the publication of the results of a clinical review with the HairMax LaserComb in a peer-review medical journal, validating efficacy for treating hereditary hair loss.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) September 10, 2014
Lexington Int’l is pleased to announce the publication of the resultsof a clinical review with the HairMax LaserComb for the treatment of hair loss, in the peer-review medical journal, the International Journal of Trichology in the April - June 2014 issue.
Click hereto view the publication.
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of the HairMax LaserCombÂ® either as sole or concomitant therapy in the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss. The authors performed a retrospective observational study of global photographic assessments of patients in a clinical practice setting. There were 32 patients evaluated who were treated with either topical minoxidil, finasteride, or a combination of both drugs for 9 months prior to treatment with the HairMax LaserComb. All subjects evaluated were either poorly responsive, or unable to tolerate treatment of their hair loss with either minoxidil, finasteride, or a regimen of both drugs.
Below are important highlights of the results of the study:
- 88% of all patients who were responding poorly or were intolerant of drug treatment responded significantly when HairMax LaserComb was added to the regimen.
- 100% of patients who discontinued their drug treatments and were placed on the HairMax LaserComb as sole treatment instead, showed significant visible hair growth.
- Figure 2 in the article - A difficult to treat patient was not seeing further results or was intolerant to treatment with drug therapy, is also shown. His drug therapy was discontinued and the HairMax LaserComb was used instead. Response to the use of the HairMax LaserComb as sole therapy was described as ‘moderate’ improvement in the article. However, the results were significant, since visible hair growth occurred with the HairMax after the previous 9 months of drug treatment failed to produce continued results.
- Figure 3 in the article (shown) -Significant increase in hair growth is shown from the addition of the HairMax LaserComb to the treatment regimen of a patient who was not responding well to treatment with minoxidil used alone. "Concomitant treatment with topical 5% minoxidil in a 55-year-old male adding on low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to 4 year pretreatment with 5% topical minoxidil solution (a) Before, and (b) After 3 months of added LLLT.”
- Figure 4 in the article- Significant hair growth was observed, when the HairMax LaserComb was added to the treatment of a patient who was responding poorly to a combination regimen of both minoxidil and finasteride.
- The global results found in this clinical study of patients in everyday practice, validate hair counts observed in all other published HairMax LaserComb clinical studies.
- The quality of these photographs provide clear evidence of the effectiveness of the HairMax LaserComb when used as a stand-alone or concomitant treatment.
- The results of treatments shown in the article, means that physicians can confidently recommend the HairMax LaserComb, knowing that the results are representative of those they will see with their patients.
This is the first time that a study has been published that focused entirely on evaluating the results of treatment with the HairMax LaserComb using before and after photographs. This type of analysis is difficult to carry out as there are numerous variables that can occur between evaluative points, which if not carefully controlled can render results inconclusive. However in this study, action was taken to strictly standardize the photographs to eliminate any variables.
David Michaels, Managing Director of Lexington Int’l said: “We are pleased with the publication of this landmark article, which focused on the results of treatment with the HairMax LaserComb in a clinical setting. The quality of the photography, pictorially proves conclusively that the HairMax is an ideal treatment when used alone or in combination for successful treatment of hair loss”. Mr. Michaels further stated: “The article authored by preeminent experts in hair disorders, further validates the efficacy and safety of the HairMax found in other published studies of the device.”
About Lexington International, LLC
Based in Boca Raton, Lexington Int’l is a pioneer in the development of advanced hair loss treatment and hair growth products. The HairMax LaserComb is the only laser phototherapy medical device with 6 FDA Clearances for the treatment of hereditary hair loss in both men and women. The HairMax LaserComb is also the only laser phototherapy device to have the results of 7 clinical studies proving efficacy and safety of the device, published in two peer-review medical journals. Since 2001, in over 170 countries worldwide, Lexington Int’l., LLC has helped hundreds of thousands of individuals to treat their hair loss, improve the condition of their hair, and enrich their lives.
For more information please visit: http://www.hairmax.com